Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Achilles' Heels: What not to do on an interview


Since I entered the workforce at the age of 16, I've been on more than my fair share of interviews, some good--some completely disastrous. If I had to take a guess, I would say I've done at least 20 interviews (including four recently for internship positions) and have held five jobs and currently one internship (praise jesus!). As you can tell by the dismal ratio, it's definitely been a learning experience. And so without further ado, I would like to share with the world the "what-not-to-do's" I have carefully compiled through arduous (and sometimes awkward) field research:

1. Be prepared with a thoughtful answer for even the silliest of interview questions!


The Question: (Male Interviewer) "If you were a candy bar, what candy bar would you be and why?"

My Answer: "Uhh *pause* I would be a Snickers bar *pause* because...I like to satisfy."

The Result: Did not get the job.

What I should have said: "I would be a Three Musketeers, because I am a team player."

No comments:

Post a Comment