Wednesday, June 30, 2010

First Steps: Internship!


Today was my very first day at my very first public relations internship, and it was awesome!
I am working behind a desk at a local nonprofit, answering phones, making promotional materials and trying not to screw up too badly! It's so nice to feel like I'm finally getting my foot in the PR door, instead of being stuck on the front stoop without a spare key.
Even though the positing for the position came along way late in my search for a summer internship (right when I thought that all was lost!) as soon as I read it, I knew that it was the one
I had been waiting for. It's marketing, it's event-planning, it's social media--it was everything I was interested in and looking for and it's for a good cause!
I think that if you are working for free, there could be nothing better than doing work that means something and will have a positive impact on the community.
I can sell my soul when I have a mortage payment.

2 comments:

EESP said...

Congratulations! Anytime we can do what we love it's all good.

lathropwj said...

Good on you for sticking with the internship hunt for as long as you did. Hope you have the same perspective on it, or better, by the time it is all said and done.

Post a Comment